Carolyn Docimo Walton
I am an artist and sculptor; and since I’ve been drawing and painting from early childhood, I create work that is inspired by many styles – classical renaissance, mannerist, impressionist and expressionist. But, I’m also inspired by spirituality and by an infinite appreciation of the beauty and wonder of nature. My favorite saying is:
“Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.”
— Japanese Proverb
Over many years, I have created a body of work that includes:
- Sculpture in terra cotta, fiberglass resin and hydrocal
- Paintings in acrylic, watercolor, pastel and oil
- Drawings in pen and ink, pencil, and charcoal
Commissioned Artist 1982 – Present
Contracted by non-commercial clients to design and create representational portraits and other works of art, which are in private collections in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Georgia, California, Hawaii and Japan.
Commissioned Artist 2000-2006
Commissioned to create a high-relief sculpture as the altar wall for The Church of Saint Basil the Great, Kimberton, PA
The finished work – The Trinity Reredos – is 8 feet high by 18 feet wide by 1 foot deep.
Also created a multi-figure half-life-size sculpture depicting the Seventh Station of the Cross and a half-life-size figure and high-relief of the Resurrection as the altar front.
Commissioned Artist 1982-1983
Fulfilled a commission to create 14 bas-relief sculptures in terra cotta.
Freelance Artist 1982-Present
The Barnes Foundation – Bala Cynwyd, PA
“Advanced Theoretical and Critical Studies in the Fine Arts.”
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts – Philadelphia, PA
Graduated as a sculpture major.
Some of the many shows and exhibitions my work has been in are:
- 98th Juried Fellowship Exhibition of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Academy Tradition in Chester County, Chester County Art Association
- Upper Merion Cultural Center’s Open Juried Show – Honorable Mention
- Chester Springs Open Juried Show
- Impressions III, juried show at Villanova University
- Juried National Religious Small Sculpture Exhibition, Washington, D.C.
- John James Audubon Center 7th, 8th, 9th, & 12th Annual Juried Shows